Archie Bleyer AYA Trailblazer Award
This award is named for Dr. Archie Bleyer, an undisputed trailblazer in adolescent and young adult (AYA), who has spent more than 40 years advocating on behalf of AYAs diagnosed with cancer in the United States and around the world.
The Archie Bleyer AYA Trailblazer Award recognizes leaders who have transformed the AYA oncology through creative and lasting contributions to research, advocacy, and/or clinical care. Recipients embody Dr. Bleyer 's values and demonstrate a commitment to:
- Collaboration and mentorship within their field
- Advocacy on behalf of all AYA patients, survivors, and loved ones no matter the disease
- Presenting innovative solutions to unique barriers faced by AYAs
- Forge enduring connections and collaborations
- Propel the AYA movement forward even through uncharted territory
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Any individual (AYA cancer patient, advocate, non-profit professional, healthcare provider, researcher, educator) who is making significant impacts in AYA cancer care within the US is eligible for nomination.
WHAT IS THE CRITERIA?
Selection will be based on (for each criterion provide rank score of 1 [not clearly demonstrated] to 3 [clearly exemplifies]):
- Proven leadership and involvement in systematically addressing the needs of AYAs with a particular focus on work that clearly demonstrates “AYA-centeredness”.
- Proven track record breaking down silos to improve the health and well-being of AYAs with cancer.
- Demonstrated achievements in advancing innovative advocacy, patient support, education, research, or clinical practice in the field of AYA cancer care.
- Strong consideration will be given to nominees with demonstrated work that has contributed to increased equity (enhancing access to care and respect for diversity) within the field of AYA cancer care.
HOW DO I SUBMIT A NOMINATION?
Nominations are now closed but will reopen in the fall of 2024!